Search This Blog

Saturday, September 26, 2009

mint green mini album

This is one of my mini albums in mint green, which is one of my favourite colours, it is a calming and fresh colour both nice wearing, and decorating with. Therefore I made two mini albums with this colour but with 2 different themes. This one is a more vintage album with new elements and techniques in which I have not tried before. These albums have been ready some time ago however; I was waiting for my order from simonsaystamp, which feels like the shipping has been too long to wait for. I had same stamps and inks I wanted to use in these albums.

Mint green mini album

Front cover is simple with a cute butterfly and rub-on corners and green and gold ribbons. I put some prima essentials 5 vintage flowers on with a pearl in the middle. The smallest flower i sprayed with tattered andel glimmer mist vanilla breeze. It gives it a nice shimmery effect but the green color is still noticable. Page 1-2 with another shade of the green colour. In it, i put some small tags in postcards shapes, postage and tags with words, friends and favourite. I put pearls on and the words precious memories are in distress powder by tim holtz peeled paint. Page 3-4 with an antique page from the book (1901) I bought from the second hand store. I added a stamp, remember, and but a page from a journaling notebook by prima. I love how it turned out ­. Page 5-6 I kept basic with some prima flowers and brad, and button and a place to fold up for putting pics and journaling on. Page 7 I did a mini album pocket using Marion’s technique with a sticker on the front and distressed edges, in it I have some tags and a little heart charm saying made with love. Also 2 nice old-looking buttons. Page 8 another pocket by Marion which I love how it turned out. On the back of it is a picture I used from the old reading book from 1901 that I bought. Love how it looks in contrast to the greenish background colour.
Then it is a transparent halvpage with damask, when you wipe your hand over it feels like felt. Next page 9 is a journaling page from a journaling book I just glued on and put some prima flowers with pearls on to make it more dimentional. Page 10 is another page torn out from the antique book from 1901. I think it is really neat and looks vintagy. Can put pictures there. Next page has a stamp which I used versa mark and pearls powder on which is in fact, old eye shadow powder pearls. I find ways to substitute pretty much, right! I got inspired by mybutterflykisses 12’s Altered Tag Tutorial.
Page 12 with patterned paper covering the half page with flourish stamp in pearls powder again in green. It looks really shiny, I love it. And half of the page is cover in beige paint similar to acrylic paint, inspired by annasari. The 13 page is also painted in beige with a photo from the old antique book. Between pages 12-13 I have a transparent page with some flourish and butterfly rub-ons. The page is a simple overhead-sheet. I love to find ideas to replace techniques with :).


















































1 comment: